Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Brief Update

Our girls soccer team is 3-1-1, which is a huge improvement from the previous 2 years where they had never won a game! The level of competition and commitment to sports programs is quite different than in the states. No parents attend the games. The girls don't care if they miss practice or miss a game, which can be a cause of great frustration. But I'm just trying to accept that this is a difference that exists and that I need to accept it.  Despite the times of frustration, the girls crack me up all the time...they are a fun/funny bunch!!

I just purchased a plane ticket to Cebu Island in the Philippines for April 4-11. My coworker/friend Greg and I will be doing a few days of relaxing and a couple days of river climbing and canyoneering. I'm excited for the warm weather and the beach!!

Third quarter ends this Friday, March 20, which means the school year is nearing its end. I hope to book a flight back to KC around June 11 or 12 with a brief layover in Hawaii. I will have to return to Korea around July 24 or 25.

No comments: