Friday, July 31, 2009

(2nd) Home Sweet (2nd) Home

I've been back in Korea for 7 days.  The flight and bus ride back home were smooth.  Korean Air remains my favorite airline.  Good entertainment, good food considering it's on a plane, friendly service, and hot flight attendants!  I'm all settled into my apartment once again.  This time I brought with me my favorite beers, Kool-Aid, fajita and taco seasonings, and a few other things to enjoy.

Saying my goodbyes for a 2nd time was not fun.  I will say it is much easier leaving the country when you aren't leaving a girlfriend behind.  And goodbyes are also much easier when you make them brief.  There was no standing around this year.  Nevertheless, it was still hard to leave home again.  It's difficult at times being torn between the comforts of home, family, friends and a lifestyle of new/different experiences, travel opportunities and change.

Thanks to mom who did some work for a guy that got a 75% discount at Fedex, he hooked me up and shipped my bike to Korea.  It arrived a day after I did.  While putting it together I messed up a piece of it, so my riding has been delayed a week while I wait for a new part.  I'm soooooo excited to have one of my bikes here.  It will allow me to do some exploring, connect with a different group of expats and Koreans.....and improve/maintain my health.

I have some amazing trips planned for this year, but will wait to write about them until the time nears.  Work is work, but whatever =)

No comments: