Monday, April 13, 2009

Things I'm Excited For....!!!!!!!


Here is a list of things that I'll get to enjoy in 8 weeks:
- seeing and spending time with my family
- seeing and spending time with my friends
- riding my mountain bike at Landahl Park
- trap shooting with my dad
- eating home-cooked meals with mom and dad
- grilling hamburgers in Brookside
- sitting on a front porch or back deck
- personal space
- the English language
- walking at Loose Park, on the Plaza, or on the Trolley Trail
- walking across a street without the fear of dying
- being around people with the ability and spatial awareness to walk in a straight line
- hopefully a Royals baseball game
- a family vacation in Colorado where I will get to see by bro, sis-in-law, and my niece and nephew
- fresh air
- driving
- laying on a couch that my legs do not hang off of
- Shawnee Mission Public swimming pool
- beanbag toss
- Charlie Hoopers, Houlihans, The Flying Saucer, Panera Bread Co., Jardines, Barnes & Noble, McCoys, 75th St. Brewery, Cuppinis, Baja 600, Jacob's Well
- Boulevard, Sierra Nevada, Blue Moon and many others
- movies with no Korean subtitles
- walking down the street with a smile and not being look at weird for doing so
- saying hello to strangers and the greeting being returned
- no kimchi

Absence has made my heart grow fonder.

3 comments:

Number Cruncher said...

Also - the killer party we're going to have for your return.

Anonymous said...

home for good, or just a visit? Regardless, I hope time with Crowley will make the list at some point and in some way. I would love that chance to see you. Bryan Crowley (not rubbing it in your face, but I rode my mountain bike to work today, figured you would be proud)

What's in a name? said...

hah, that's awesome. All great things to return to. chances are I'll still be here man. I may be able to catch ya, hope you're doing well.