Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Doctor Visit

Last week I visited a Korean doctor. For the past several months I've been experiencing some symptoms on a regular basis (nearly everyday), but I didn't really want to visit a doctor here in Korea. After much contemplation I decided it would be best to visit a doctor and see what's going on with me. Here are some of the symptoms I experience:
- love for skinny jeans
- love for stiletto heels
- love of straight, black hair and brown eyes
- tolerance of broken English
- tolerance of fickleness
- ability to withstand countless stares when walking with a Korean girl
- immunity to whiny voices
- lack of interest in caucasian girls

I know a majority of these symptoms do not appear to be life-altering, or distractions in one's daily life, but in my case they are. Anyways, I explained to the doctor what was going on with me. Within minutes, the doctor diagnosed me with one of the worst cases of "Yellow Fever" that he had seen in the last decade. I felt relieved to be able to put a name to what I've been experiencing. The doctor reassured me that there was no need to panic, and that "Yellow Fever" can actually enhance one's life. So I left the doctor's office embracing my "sickness," and committed to making to the best of my situation!





1 comment:

What's in a name? said...

lol...wow darby. So any luck then? hahah, after reading the article, i would appear to give grandmothers heart attacks.