Sunday, May 24, 2009

Say Hello, Wave Goodbye

Last weekend I went down to Taejeon (1 hr 45 min bus ride) to say my hellos/goodbyes to some friends that work at my sister school.  I have three close friends there that I have not seen much this semester due to a busier work schedule.  It's that time of year where everything is getting wrapped up and people are preparing for summer, for next year, for the next chapter of life, etc.  Last week I said goodbye to couple of friends that I made here in Suwon.  They were English teachers with one year contracts, which just finished.  They are back in Colorado =)  This weekend I said goodbye to my friend Jen.  She's Canadian-Korean and her 2 year contract finished up this year and she decided to return to Canada rather than signing on for another year (I don't blame her).  Jen became a close friend of mine this year through many visits to Taejeon, Suwon, and Seoul.  We also spent 2 weeks together traveling through Thailand and Indonesia.  She will be missed, but I look forward to visiting her in Canada.


Oh, and if you've never heard David Gray's song "Say Hello, Wave Goodbye," then you should check it out.  It's a great song and has nothing to do with this post other than the title.

No comments: