Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cycling and Eating

I think last Saturday will probably go down as my best day (or most American day) in Korea! I woke up at 6:30am and drove an hour north to Hwajeong Mountain to meet up with another 30 mountain bikers plus their wives, girlfriends, friends, etc. Despite being surrounded by like-minded people and enjoying a great day of riding the best part of the day was what came after putting in the miles. Jerry, who heads up each weekend, brought two of his coworkers that are from some southern state. They brought their red Chevy, and their SMOKER! While we were out riding they were preparing a feast of smoked meats, vegetables, salads and much more. There was a total of 75 lbs of meat...all from the USA. After a morning of hard riding we were treated to a most amazing meal! I sat and ate smoked pork, smoked sausage, corn on the cob, garlic bread, Doritos and drank good beer. It was a perfect day!! I also met a fellow Mizzou grad who was there the same time I was...small world.




No comments: