Monday, March 15, 2010

Kickboxing and Vietnam

I'm in my 4th week of kickboxing and it's going pretty well. Despite looking and feeling like a fish out of water I've been making small steps of progress. There is a lot more rhythm and coordination involved, so I'm still trying to get the feel of the movements. It's fun. It's engaging. And at times it's painful. Once the weather warms up I'll be riding my bike to and from the gym, which will eliminate the time wasted sitting on a bus. Instead I'll get a 45 minute ride each way to/from the gym and then 1.5 hours of kickboxing. I should see a drastic increase in my fitness sometime in the next month.

On Friday my friend and I will be getting on a plane to Vietnam. After a 5.5 hour flight we'll arrive in Ho Chi Minh City aka Saigon. There we will spend 4 nights in a hostel while exploring the city and surrounding areas during the day. From Ho Chi Minh City we'll go east to an area called Mui Ne and spend 4 nights at a beach resort. I'm ready for some warm weather, sunshine, and ocean water.

No comments: